Wellspring Health & Wellness provides health and wholeness-related programs and services to both church members and community residents. For more information, contact the church office: 217-356-9078.
Minds in Motion
The Minds in Motion program is offered through the Wellspring Health and Wellness Ministries. This program uses research-based interventions designed for mature adults to improve or maintain:
- Memory and mental functioning
- Physical abilities and functioning, including balance and leg strength
- Positive mental outlook (decrease or allay depression & loneliness)
- The Minds in Motion program may provide benefits for the following people:
- Mature adults who want to maintain mental and physical fitness in a fun, safe, and relaxing environment
- Any adult diagnosed with early memory loss
- Weekly activities include the following:
- “Brain fitness” activities such as mental exercises, games, and memory enhancement
- Exercises such as Taiji, dance, and strength and endurance training
- Creative activities such as art, writing, photography, gardening, and storytelling
- Social activities and community events
- Relaxation therapies
- Other therapies as appropriate and available.
If you are interested in learning more about Minds in Motion or are interested in participating, please call the church office (217-356-9078) to request a contact from one of the program directors.
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our community and congregation who are experiencing difficulties or who would benefit from additional support.
A Stephen Minister is:
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- A caring Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
- Someone who will ‘be there’ for the person receiving care, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week for as long as there is a need.
If you are interested in learning more about the Stephen Ministry service or are interested in having a Stephen Minister, please call the church office (217-356-9078) to request a contact from one of the Pastors or Stephen Ministry directors.